At Katz Baskies & Wolf PLLC, our wide range of legal services includes all aspects of corporate and business law. We have a proven track record of providing top-tier representation to individuals and various types of businesses throughout Florida. Our knowledge of corporate and business law, when combined with our knowledge of tax law and estate planning, is an important resource for our clients.
About Corporate Law for Florida Businesses
“Corporate law” is a general reference to the various components of business entities, including corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships. Our corporate law practice includes the preparation of state filings, as well as documentation of the internal rules and regulations of the entities, which includes owners (shareholders, members and partners), employees, directors, managers, creditors and any other stakeholders in the business. A successful corporate law practice generally involves the following:
- Forming the entity
- Documenting the ownership of the entity (taking into account tax, creditor and estate planning considerations)
- Documenting how the entity will operate, such as through shareholders agreements, limited liability company operating agreements, and partnership agreements
- Evidencing how the entity will be managed
What are Distinguishing Characteristics of Corporate Law?
There are several considerations in planning for corporate entities. They are:
- Legal Personality: Owners of a legal entity pool their resources into a separate entity which is not easily dismantled, providing asset and wealth protection.
- Limited Liability: Corporate entities limit the amount of liability the owners of the entity are exposed to. When properly structured and operated, creditors of the entity are unable to seek restitution from the owners individually.
- Transferability of Ownership: The entity owners can determine what restrictions are to exist on the transferability of ownership interests, which can range from being highly restrictive to readily transferable.
- Delegated Management: The owners of a corporate entity can determine how they wish the entity to be managed, which might include substantial delegation to officers, managers or general partners, or the retained ability to approve certain decisions.
About Business Law
Business law is a broad term which encompasses a wide range of business related topics and functions. This includes:
- Employment Law
- Business Organizations
- Creditor Protections
- Estate Planning
- Purchase or Sale of a Business
- Business Management
Contact KBW For Your Corporate & Business Law Needs
No matter your corporate or business law needs, we are here to help. Contact the attorneys at Katz Baskies & Wolf PLLC for a case review and to find out more regarding how we are able craft a plan that meets your business needs.